So I am officially "versatile!" Is that the bloggers' nice of saying "all over the place with a general lack of focus" because that's the way I feel half the time! ;)
Now I'm supposed to list seven random factoids about yours truly. Here ya go:
- DadMan and I first dated in high school for a couple of months. He loved to party and move in big groups. I was very shy and hated attention. It was doomed from the beginning, right? Fast forward six years: we were reacquainted and met somewhere in the middle. Now we balance each other out pretty well.
- Favorite candy bar: Twix
- When bumping into old rowing pals I am still reminded of the time I wore two different sneakers to practice. Glad you were so amused!
- I love dialects and accents (my native language being Pittsburghese).
- I do a killer Sean Connery. (no, really -- I murder him! I love listening to accents but have yet to master the fine art of impersonation) Just ask DadMan who finds great pleasure in humiliating me by forcing me to do it around other people.
- I am a Big Sister to an amazing young woman. We may have outgrown the program, but we will never outgrow our "soul sisterhood."
- Sadly, I have only traveled outside of the U.S. once. However, it was to Costa Rica and for that whole experience I feel truly blessed.
As a new blogger on the block I am hard pressed to find bloggers on my list that have yet to receive this award. So, I am passing this along to 15 wonderful people I have recently found who always offer thought-provoking, poignant, interesting posts. Or at the very least they make me smile or laugh. In no particular order:
- Bethany: Organic Enchilada
- Booyah's Mom: The Adventures of Chip and Bobo
- Hannah: Our Happy Home
- Liz: a belle, a bean, and a chicago dog
- Betsy: funky mama bird
- Nina: Momma Go Round
- Sherri: Old Tweener
- Lula Lola Maddy May Jane Scooterbug Drakeford Truesdale (whew! I hope I got that right!): Lula Lola
- Natalie: Mommy of a Monster (I Mean Toddler) and Infant Twins
- Alicia: A Beautiful Mess
- Amber: Striving for 31
- Chelsea: Chelsea's Psycho Babble
- Melissa: Confessions of a Dr. Mom
- Jenny: Happenings of a Little Bubba
- Kristi: live and love... out loud
If you're listed above, congratulations! I love peeking into your lives and minds through your writings. If you haven't already done so a gazillion times, please post your seven random facts and pass this award on to 15 other deserving bloggers.
Please don't forget to stop by and say hi to Misty! She's a sweet mama who loves books, cooking, and her cutie pie Murphylicious.
Lastly, I would like to thank all of you who expressed your concern and support for our family while we endure this stressful ailment that has resurfaced. DadMan is still quite under the weather and in a great deal of discomfort and sometimes pain, but his sense of humor is still in tact. I am sorry if I have not gotten back to each of you personally, but I am full of gratitude and encouragement by all of the support and sweet sentiments you have shown.